A Professional Year is a structured professional development program combining formal learning and workplace experience for international students who have graduated from Australian University.
It is a 12 month program available for:
- Accounting graduates
- Computer Science graduates
- Engineering graduates
- You develop industry specific experience
- Enables you to understand Australian workplace practices and culture
- You are eligible to receive extra five points when applying for Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa
- You have completed a Degree in Accounting, Computer Science r Engineering in Australia
- You are on Graduate (Temporary) visa subclass 485
- You are under 50 years of age
- You have completed an eligible qualification within six months as a result of at least to years of study in Australia
- You possess the skills and qualification required for an occupation required for an occupation listed on skilled occupation list
Please note that Engineering graduates who have completed their degree at a recognised institution outside Australia are also eligible however should apply under skilled – recognised graduate (Temporary) Visa subclass 476.
Professional year programs recognised by Australian Government are:
- CPA Australia Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting (SMIPA)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting
How can we assist?
Australian Migration Academy in partnership with leading accredited education providers can arrange a professional year for you.