Also known as 485 visa or ‘TR visa’ is for International students who have recently graduated from Australian educational institution with at least 2 academic years of study in Australia.

It allows you to stay in Australia temporarily after finishing your studies.

  • For Graduate stream for 18 months
  • For Post-study work stream (for students who applied for their first student visa after 5 November 2011) 2- 4 years depending on the studies:
  • For Bachelors/Masters– 2 years
  • For Masters research degree – 3 years
  • For Doctoral degree – 4 years

Processing time : approximately – 8 weeks to 16 weeks, you should apply within 6 months after finishing the studies

Eligibility : To apply for this visa you need to be:

  • Less than 50 years of age
  • On shore
  • Hold an eligible visa
  • Meet the Australian study requirements
  • Meet English requirements – IELTS score of 5 in each of 4 components and 6 overall
  • For Graduate Stream you have graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualification that relations to occupation on the list of eligible skilled occupation covered under Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills list (MLTSSL) and for Post-Study Work stream – who graduate with higher education degree from an Australian education provider regardless of their study
  • Meet health and character requirements including Australian Federal Police check including family members which is less than 12 months old
  • Have health insurance

Once you have applied for the visa, you would generally get a ‘bridging visa A’ till the application is decided and in case if you have to travel, you will have to apply for ‘bridging visa B’ before you travel.

This visa allows you to travel, work and study. It is a great way to extend your stay and move on to permanent residency if used this opportunity wisely

In case if there is a no further stay condition on your existing visa (8534 or 8503), you will have to apply for  this visa using paper form 1409 to get the ‘no further stay condition’  waived.

Let us know at Australian Migration Academy for assistance.