Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa, also known as 187 visa is an employer sponsored visa for a job in regional area. Although changes made recently have made it bit hard to qualify still it could be an option for you to consider as it is easier than other visas available of similar subclasses.
- You can stay in Australia indefinitely
- You can apply for this visa from overseas and in case if you wish to apply while you are in Australia you should have a substantive visa or a bridging visa A,B or C.
- You can study and work in Australia
- You could be entitled to Medicare benefits
- You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
- Once eligible you can apply for Australian citizenship
Main question you would be thinking is “Do I qualify for this visa category”?
To qualify for this visa, you should check if:
- You have got a job offer from an employer based in regional area of Australia
- The position in the RSMS postcode
- The position has been assessed by Regional Certifying Body
- You are able to work for the employer for 2 years
- The occupation in the RSMS Occupation list
- You have got the skill level or relevant work experience in the occupation
- You have got competent English score(6 in each band)
- You are under age of 50 at the time of application lodgement
- You meet health and character requirements
You could be successful to obtain RSMS visa through Temporary Residence Transition Stream, Direct Entry or Agreement Stream.
In case if you do not have an employer for nomination, you can apply for Expression of Interest so that prospective employers and state and territory government can view your details and nominate you for skilled migration if required.
At every step Australian Migration Academy is there to assist you.